Severe warning because bungalow completely destroyed in a fire caused by a hair dryer

A fire that totally destroyed a bungalow this afternoon was caused by a hair dryer being put back in a drawer while it was still hot.

Crews from Pwllheli, Caernarfon, Abersoch rushed to the scene in Lon Ceredigion, near Pwllheli Golf Club in Gwynedd shortly before noon today after a neighbor called 999.

Flames and smoke billowed from the roof and front window as firefighters desperately tried to extinguish the flames for more than six hours.

READ MORE: The image shows the aftermath of a barn fire caused by sparks from a chipper

The Bangor aerial ladder platform arrived around 2 p.m. to help put out the blaze, but crews remained at the scene until shortly after 6 p.m.

As the incident continued, the North Wales Fire and Rescue Service urged nearby residents to keep their doors and windows closed and people inside properties on either side of the affected property were asked to leave their homes as a precaution.



Bungalow fire in Pwllheli

An ambulance and police were also dispatched to the scene.

It is believed that the occupants of the property were absent when the fire started.

An eyewitness said, “I have never seen anything like this in my life. I could smell the smoke around 11 am, so it has been going on for hours.”

Another said: “It’s devastating to watch.

“It all happened so fast.

“It kind of went off and it seemed like it was under control, but then it came back again.”

The property was completely destroyed by the fire and the majority of the roof burned down.




Shocking images were released by firefighters showing the extent of the damage caused.

NWFRS has now said the fire was believed to have been caused by “radiated heat” from a hair dryer that caused the drawer and its contents to burn down, spreading throughout the property.

The service is now urging people to let their electrical devices cool before putting them away.



Police stopped 2,500 cars in the area last week, a visitor to Wigan was sent to pack his bags after saying he wanted to visit Talacre Lighthouse.

Did you know that we offer a free email newsletter service?

Each North Wales Live newsletter delivers the latest breaking news, events and hottest talking points straight to your inbox.

For more information on how to subscribe, click here.

In a statement, firefighters said: “The fire in Pwllheli this afternoon is believed to be caused by heat radiated from a hairdryer placed in a drawer.

” Fortunately, nobody was hurt. Please be sure to let all electrical appliances cool completely before putting them away. “

Comment on this story using our comments section below.


Source link

About Laurence Johnson

Check Also

Georgia University System Economic Impact Reaches $ 18.6 Billion | New

ATLANTA – The Georgia University System (USG) generated an economic impact of $ 18.6 billion …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *